Saturday, May 31, 2008

Aloha!

Aloha!! The flight to HI wasn't as bad as I thought although the entire trip was around 15 hours. Dan & I got in around 8pm Hawaiian Time (1:00am CST) & Amber & Jason were there to greet us with leis (Wes: not 'lays'). We stayed up as late as possible to make up for the time difference, but no fail, I woke up wide awake at 5am HI time. Everyone got up eventually a few hours later and we made it to the Holnopou Falls - which was maybe 5 min from Amber & Jason's. (Oh and their place is soooo cute! I couldn't imagine it any cuter! When we arrived their neighbors lit all their tiki lights lining the drive way. Amber had plumeria on my bed and it was just lovely!) Pictures to follow from the Falls. It was a fun hike to get to and so pretty! We all jumped in - Dan dived in - then Amber & I jumped into a smaller falls on the same hike. Everything here is so green, almost jungle like with vines everywhere. We ate lunch at Jaws and had some pretty good mahi burritos. We then ventured to Big Beach or Makena. It was unbelievably beautiful! The color the water was several different colors and you could see a couple of small islands off the coast. After 4ish hours there we went to get some official Hawaiian shaved ice. I might should say ... my favorite part of the day! I'd be ok to go back each day. We then ate dinner & watched the sun set. Oh and Amber pulled a Major Debbie Downer - stubbed her toe x 10! I mean, it looks horrible. At first I thought she may need stitches. Not good. Bad. This means no salt water for Amber - which will be nearly impossible. Ever since we woke up Jason has referred to the day as "An Epic Hawaiian Day." He assures each day will be that - we will have to see! I love Maui! It's funny how you see pictures and think "hey, that's pretty," but seeing it with your own eyes is totally different. So, here are some pictures from the day.

1 comment:

Sara T. said...

well, not to make you jealous but i am working. it is sooo fun! people have been getting so totally sick and it looks like i won't sleep again tonight! so, eat your heart out chickie and have a shaved ice for me. Oh, and please get me a lei too!