Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another Epic Hawaiian Day

It's almost 10pm here & I'm tired. We have had a long day, again. We got a late start but went to a little Hawaiian swap meet. I bought some nice little gifts for my family (and myself) and so did Boo. I actually could have bought a lot there, it was really neat. We then went to Lahaina (which I loved) and rented snorkel gear and went to a nice little cove. We snorkeled for a short time then camped out there for a couple of hours. Dan fed the birds that were around and managed to have them all land in our area & stay around. Jason, Amber & Dan loved it - me, not so much. We then left & drove around the West part of Maui for about an hour. We saw a lot of the coast and did a short hike. Jason was offered some Maui Wowie twice. Me not knowing what that was wanted some - then found out it was pot. After realizing that I still wanted some. Kidding, kidding ... We then spent the rest of the night back in Lahaina looking in all the shops and of course, eating shaved ice. I have decided to become a shaved ice expert & research all the shaved ice on the island. We ate some Ahi burgers for dinner and now we are home. Most of you may be surprised to know I am not yet burnt. Everyone else is a little red. It is HOT out here ... but the water is surprisingly somewhat cool. I'm still adjusting to the time change. Watch me get used to it the day we leave, that'll happen. So, enjoy the pictures from today! Aloha!

No comments: