Friday, June 6, 2008

Hana - Day Three

We went to Waianapanapa Beach today (my new favorite word). It's one of Maui's black sand beaches. While it's not the most idea place to swim, it sure is pretty. We then stopped at some local little shops where I bought some good gifts and Dan & Jason bought some coconut shavings that had been baked in sugar cane - DELISH x 10! Dan can't seem to get enough of the coconut this trip. He cracks open coconuts, eats coconut shaved ice, coconut everything! It really is great here. Then we ventured home down the long, winding Hana Road. I honestly got car sick this time. I almost did the way down, but this time, yes. We had to pull over while I thought I was about to loose my lunch - but I didn't. I hadn't felt that way since I was a kid. Not fun. Imagine Lombard Street in San Fran x 10000 - that's Hana Road - and for 30+ miles. Ugggg...just thinking about it again makes me sick. We came home (I took a nap) and then we went out to a beach close by that happened to be a topless beach. We all got an eyefull there. I also met a cute little man by the name of Harvey. He was short, furry & of a terrier mix - imagine Baxter from Anchorman. He planted down on my blanket for most of our stay there. After the beach we went to Paia - cute little town near Amber & Jason's. We ate dinner there and are now home. We have to wake up at 3am (8am CST) to go to Haleakala to watch the famous Hawaiian sunrise. I meant to tell you all that Jason & Dan got invited to play golf with some men Jason knows in Hana. Kris Kristofferson was among those men. They are actually friends with Kris' nephew. I thought this was neat - Pat Benetar's husband was playing golf that night, too. They all have houses in Hana. Oh and to make if funnier - the land they were playing golf on was Oprah's land she has yet to bulid on. It's sad thinking that I'll be back in AL in a couple of short days. This trip has gone by fast and has truly been one of the best times of my life.

No comments: