Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Long & Winding Day

I have to make this short as we're about to walk out the door now to Hana for two days. So yesterday we went to Lahaina again (one of my fav places) to a Marriott resort that was unreal. It was gorgeous! We camped out on the beach for a bit, me - in a hammock for about an hour - then hung out at the pool. We got to watch a bunch of people try to learn to surf. I actually got a little burnt that day. I will blame that on my carelessness of the adult beverages. :) We ventured down to the little town of Lahaina for early dinner and then shaved ice. We then "tried" to go home, but the way to home was blocked for six hours due to a huge car accident. We had to take the other way - all around the island. One portion was a one way road that winded around the cliffs by the ocean. Needless to say, Amber was scared. We made it back - I had fallen asleep in the car. I was so pooped that by the time we got home I just went straight to bed. So now we're on our way to the lovely Hana for two days. I doubt I'll take my lap top as there probably won't be cell phone service or wirless. toodle- loo!

No comments: