Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hana - Day One

Hana is heaven. It's easily the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Period. It is a true tropical paradise. No condos, no hotels (ok, well one), not crowded - just palm trees, plumeria trees, banana trees, the greenest grass and just lush jungles. I love it. We took the famous "Road to Hana" and it has been quoted to have 600+ curves in the road that makes for one car sick dog (sam & sophie are with us). It did make me whoosie somewhat. We ate lunch at this little beach down the road and then went to the Venus Pool that I have heard so much about. It is easily the most tropical place I've ever seen. It's amazing! Dan & Jason jumped off the top cliff (30+ feet) and then they all waited, and waited, and waited on me to jump. Amber went on the short cliff. Then, after what seemed like long enough for my shoulders to get burnt I jumped. Holding my nose. (lol) It was a lot of fun! We then hiked around towards the ocean and saw some pretty amazing sights. We are now back in our rental house - it's awesome! All the windows are open, Jason is playing his guitar, Amber is napping & Dan is walking around outside. We haven't turned on the TV yet, doubt we will. I'm surprised that we have wireless! I'm looking out the living room window now staring at the Pacific Ocean. I love it here. (How many times will I say that?) We're cooking out tonight then doing who knows what ... I have a feeling it may involve a card game (sigh). So, enjoy the pictures! They are my favorite so far!

No comments: