Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hana - Day Dos

I love it here! I wish we had more days out here. We went on another hike today. We walked through tall green bamboo forests and at the end we saw the most magnificant waterfall I've seen yet. It was the type of scene you see that totally takes your breath away. Roundtrip, it was a 4 mile hike. The way up was a steady gradual incline. It was a great workout considering I have not run yet since being here. Jason has some great shots of the waterfall and us each under it - but he didn't bring his converter. I'll post those later. We then ate lunch at a little local Hawaiian place. It's so funny, several of the locals have little stands outside of their house selling tropical fruit or lunch/dinner. Amber had her sights set on this one place since we pulled in. We each had bbq chicken & macaroni salad & sticky rice. It was wonderful! We then went to Hamoa Beach - it was absolutely beautiful. It was almost a black beach. Dan & Jason took boogie boards but came in after 20 min or so due to the undertow. It was fun watching them. We all then piled back in the car to go to the Venus Pool one last time. I don't know why I was so scared each time, but I was so scared to jump. It took some heavy convincing, but we all did it. All in all, another epic Hawaiian day. Only two & a half more days until the real world returns. *pouty face*

No comments: